Feed Our Hungry Souls: Children’s Mission Project
A UCECP Alumni Project Sponsored by
The Union Church of Hinsdale
November 5 & 12 from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Inviting all Union Church of Hinsdale Early Childhood Program (UCECP) Alumni that are currently in elementary or middle school and their guests. Come back to your child’s preschool and Union Church for our first ever children’s mission project. Your child will join UCECP teachers, church staff and members of Union Church for a mission project focusing on hunger.
On Sunday, November 5th from 4-5:30 the children and the mission team will be working together to think about hunger. On this day, there will be:
- A short presentation by Hinsdale Community Services.
- Family Life Minister, Bromleigh McCleneghan, will be sharing stories related to hunger.
- Tour of the Union Church soup kitchen.
- Each participant will be painting a soup bowl that will be theirs to keep at the end of this project.
On Sunday, November 12th from 4-5:30 the children and the mission team will be working together to think about hunger. On this day, there will be:
- An assembly of 100 jars of chicken and rice soup to be donated to Hinsdale Community Services.
- A special blessing by Family Life Minister, Bromleigh McCleneghan of the assembled jars of soup.
- A tasting party of the soup that has been created.
- Each participant will receive their painted soup bowl to take home and to remind them of this amazing experience.
If your child can join us on both November 5th and 12th from 4-5:30, please email email@example.com to register. We will need your child’s name and the names of any children joining them. Participation is limited to the first 50 registrants. A fee of $15 will be collected to help cover the costs of the soup bowl they will be taking home.