We welcome your participation in any of our music opportunities!
Chancel Choir – Wednesday nights, end of August through May, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. We encourage High School students and adults of all ages to join us. Chancel Choir leads in weekly worship services September through May. We sing music from all styles and have three concerts during the year.
Children’s Music – We rehearse periodically throughout the year. Children preschool through 5th grade. Children’s Music offers a yearly Christmas Pageant and various programs throughout the year. Currently, children are learning handbells on Sunday mornings immediately following the 9:07 worship service through beginning of Sunday School.
Union Bells – Rehearses Tuesday nights from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Adults of all ages who read music are encouraged to ring. Union Bells leads in worship periodically throughout the school year. We also play in the Christmas Concert and on Music Sunday every year.
Worship Ensemble – is comprised of professional instrumentalists, our section leaders, and a few other singer/musicians. WE leads music in worship that requires the use of guitar, drums, bass, keyboard and voices. WE brings dynamic variety to our weekly worship services. If you are interested in participating, an audition is required.
Youth Music – Youth, 6th-12th grade are encouraged to bring their talents. We are looking for soloists, instrumentalists, and ensembles to assist in leading in worship.
Other Music Opportunities – We are always looking for instrumentalists to assist in leading in worship. If you play an instrument, please let us know by reaching out using the contact information below.
Contact Music Ministry: EMAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION or call 630-323-4303
The members of the Worship Ministry serve as liaisons between the congregation and the ministerial staff in creating and maintaining the various worship experiences that serve the diverse needs of the Union Church membership. We make every effort to be aware of and responsive to the varying needs of the congregation. Our standing committees (described below) support different aspects of the church’s worship needs from the physical to the spiritual.
How We Serve: Standing Committee Responsibilities
- Order flowers for the chancel for Christmas Eve and Easter, and coordinate distribution of these plants to shut-ins.
- Choose banners for display in sanctuary and chapel
- Select antependia (liturgical cloths hanging from pulpit) to reflect the time of the church year.
- Recruit, train and schedule ushers.
- Prepare elements for communion.
- Recruit volunteers to serve communion monthly at Sunday services, as well as at other special services throughout the year.
- Secure lay participants for Sunday services as needed.
- Coordinate resources for Lenten and other special services (i.e. ushers, readers, fellowship, etc.) when necessary.
- Candle lighting for All Souls Day remembrance.
- Luminaria to light a path for Christmas.
Contact Worship Ministry: EMAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION or call 630-323-4303